Goals & Challenges
The following goals and challenges for our parish have been approved by the Vestry and Bishop are the result of the information collected during the series of Holy Conversations conducted with the parish and staff.
1. To provide for the dynamic needs of our parish members with emphasis on strong pastoral care and genuine commitment to the linking of worship services to the needs of the parish.
2. To bring our congregation together, member by member, encompassing those who are lost sheep and those who are regular in attendance, in order to foster a parish home inclusive to a diverse population and encouraging of outreach by our parish individuals, families, and rector.
3. To continue and expand a healthy, vibrant Youth Program that stimulates spiritual knowledge and growth and also generates opportunities for our young members to volunteer and perform purposeful outreach in our parish, diocese, and beyond.
4. To demonstrate a commitment to traditional worship style and growth in the liturgy, while inspiring an environment true to Christian values.
1. Redefining our purpose in the local community due to the loss of the Community Kitchen and our desire of further and needed programming.
2. Meeting diverse worship-style preferences in order to connect with and inspire all who attend our worship services.
3. Leading intentionally towards attracting new membership.
4. Maintaining fiscal viability through encouragement of stewardship in the parish as well as exploration of new and creative ways of strengthening our finances.
5. Further cultivating and developing the relationship of bilateral participation and communication between our parish and the diocese of Lexington.
November 29, 2015
Sunday Morning Worship
10:00 a.m. HE Rite II
11:30 a.m. Christian Ed
12:10 p.m. HE Noon Service
Our Parish Community
Come to the About Us section to meet the leadership of Calvary and find out what we're all about!
Visiting for the first time?
If you're curious about what a truly nurturing community of believers is like, then you should come to the Newcomers section to find out how you can get involved. Join us!
Come to the history page to learn more about Calvary's rich history.
What is the Episcopal Church?
Find out about the Episcopal Church and the history of this wonderful community on our What is the Episcopal Church page.