About Our Church
Who We Are
We are a community of pilgrims, seeking our home in the heart of our Creator. Whoever you are and wherever you are on your personal journey, you are invited to join us on this holy pilgrimage with Christ.
This information about Calvary Episcopal Church is offered with hospitality to newcomers, guests, and anyone else who might be wondering, “What’s this all about?” It cannot and will not answer all your questions but intends to let you know that everyone of us was a newcomer once. We hope you find our parish to be a place where you feel valued.
We know you will still have many questions. Please feel free to ask. Above all, know that we are blessed to have you worship with us.
When you worship with us...
• We’re delighted to have you and we want you to come back.
• We suspect you might have some questions. Many of us had the same ones when we first arrived. Please don’t hesitate to ask anyone.
• We want you to be comfortable so you can worship God and enjoy your visit today. Don’t worry about trying to “do everything right.” You can’t go wrong if you try to follow what everybody else is doing.
• If you need help, ask the person next to you.
• Don’t feel you should do anything that makes you uncomfortable. You’ll see we don’t all do everything alike.
• If you’re wondering whether you may take communion, the answer is, in the Episcopal Church, all baptized Christians are welcome to receive Holy Communion.
• We have many ministries in our church and many activities for personal growth, for service, for outreach, and for fun. Be sure to discover where you belong in our parish.
The best ways to keep up with things at Calvary is by reading our newsletter, The Crucifer, and by visiting our website. Those who have filled out a Welcome Card receive a packet of information and letters announcing upcoming events. If you are a newcomer, but aren’t getting information, contact Melissa in the parish office or the Priest (606.325.2328). We’ll make sure you get on the mailing list.
February 24, 2017
Sunday Morning Worship
10:00 a.m. HE Rite II
11:30 a.m. Christian Ed
12:10 p.m. HE Noon Service
Our Parish Community
Come to the About Us section to meet the leadership of Calvary and find out what we're all about!
Visiting for the first time?
If you're curious about what a truly nurturing community of believers is like, then you should come to the Newcomers section to find out how you can get involved. Join us!
Come to the history page to learn more about Calvary's rich history.
What is the Episcopal Church?
Find out about the Episcopal Church and the history of this wonderful community on our What is the Episcopal Church page.